Reduced radiation exposure, personalized patient care.
MEDRAD® Intego offers reduced technologist radiation exposure, personalized patient care and drives operational efficiency
What is MEDRAD® Intego?
MEDRAD® Intego is a fully automated PET infusion system that allows accurate dose-on-demand administration of 18F-FDG or 18F-NaF from a multi-dose vial while providing shielding and protection to the operator.
How does MEDRAD® Intego work?
A multi-dose vial of FDG is delivered to the nuclear medicine department. The operator will load the custom tungsten vial shield into the system along with a source administration set (SAS).
After the system is primed and the concentration of radiopharmaceutical is checked, the operator can set the next patient injection protocol (weight-based or fixed dose), and inject the radiopharmaceutical.
With each new patient, the operator must change the patient administration set (PAS). With each new vial, the operator must change the SAS.
What is MEDRAD® Intego Connect?
MEDRAD® Intego Connect is the wireless connection to your PET imaging practice.
- Import Worklist from the worklist server to MEDRAD® Intego
- Export Infusion Records to PACS*
- Export Radiation Dose to PACS**
What are the benefits of MEDRAD® Intego Connect?
- Save time and steps through wireless PET schedule import
- Efficiently manage daily schedule changes and add-ons
- Potential reduction of manual data entry errors
Automated Infusion Records and Radiation Dose Tracking
- Detailed infusion records of 18F-FDG and 18F‑NaF delivered to the patient are automatically transferred to PACS*
- Estimated total effective dose and absorbed radiation dose ** by organ automatically transferred to PACS
Support Quality Initiatives
- Reliable and comprehensive information from point of care to study interpretation
- Support consistent quality records for the practice of ALARA principles and audits with accurate radiation documentation
- Facilitate communication with patients and referring physicians
- Automated weight-based dosing from a simple touchscreen enables clinicians to administer an accurate, personalized dose for each patient
- Variable flow rate (0.5 mL/sec or 1 mL/sec) and saline test infusion.
The lower flow rate may be especially useful in patients with fragile veins
One system, 3.5 Million Proven Results
More than 3.5 million times around the world, MEDRAD® Intego has been trusted for PET infusions.
Worldwide cumulative infusions with MEDRAD® Intego
- The MEDRAD® Intego PET Infusion System has an installed base of over 400 units in more than 45 countries.
- 3,500,000 cumulative infusions worldwide with MEDRAD® Intego1 and counting2.
- One PET infusion is done every 26 seconds with MEDRAD® Intego2.
Vial Planner Tool
This tool is intended to calculate the approximate amount of FDG, or NaF, needed to complete a patient schedule with MEDRAD® Intego PET Infusion System. The tool also allows observation of the potential impact of variations to the schedule plan.
Note:The displayed information is fictitious and does not represent any specific patient or dosing data!
|Weight||Approximately 783 lbs (355 kg)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 20 inches (51 cm) wide, 27 inches (67 cm) deep, 51 inches (130 cm) high|
|Maximum radioactivity||750 mCi (27.7 GBq) for shielding effectiveness|
700 mCi (25.9 GBq) for dose preparation
|Maximum RP volume||30 mL|
|Maximum RP activity concentration||100 mCi/mL (3,700 MBq/mL)|
|Dose range||1 - 25 mCi (37 - 925 MBq)|
|+/- 2% of the measured dose, exclusive of dose|
calibrator calibration factor
|Flow rate||0.5 mL/sec or 1 mL/sec|
|System radiation profile||Peak rate equal to or less than 1.4 mrem/hr|
(0.014 mSv/hr) at 12 inches (30.5 cm) from the surface of the cart at maximum activity
|MEDRAD® Intego PET Infusion System||INT SYS 200|
|MEDRAD® Intego Connect includes the software licenses catalog numbers||SW - WLIST, SW - IRPACS and SW - RDPACS|
|Source Administration Set (SAS)||INT CSS|
|Patient Administration Set (PAS)||INT CPS|
|Replacement Printer Label Roll||60937964|
1 Based on Patient Administration Set sales data August 2008 – January 2019.
2 Based on Worldwide Patient Administration Set sales in 2018 and 250 working days year.
* Or other destination configured for reading DICOM.
** Absorbed Radiation Dose is calculated using NUREG/CR-6345